I received this great email from Kim W. of Florida, who homeschools her daughter. Thought I would share it with y’all. Hello Seth, I am the homeschooling mother of a 14-year old aspiring filmmaker. Interestingly, I stumbled upon your website while researching film schools the week after we participated in a “Behind the Scenes Tour” […]Read More...
The Film School Debate is Over.
“‘The “majority of students majoring in film and television will not be having careers in those professions”
- Stephen Ujlaki, Dean of Film & TV at Loyola Marymount
NY Times, 7/5/11
“This is probably the best advice I’ve heard in a long time as an aspiring film maker. I’m so glad I happen to stumble upon this website. Thank you so much Seth.” – Luis C. Esmurria
“Hey, Seth. Thanks for all the information you’re providing. I’ve learned more in 1 week than I have in 1 month going to film school.” –Miguel Monsivais, Florida
- Why Producers Hate Hiring Film School Grads
- What Do They Actually Teach in Film School?
- What About RECENT Film School Graduates?
- 3 Awesome Docs with Hollywood Level Storytelling
- Tech Talk: $600 Vs. $30,000 Camera Image?
- Plot Vs. Pixels: How Good Does It Really Need to Look?
- Speilberg/Lucas: What Film Industry “Implosion” Means to You
- Behind the Scenes: FSS Student Adam Ward
- FSS Student Fabian Santos’ First Feature