Robert Rodriguez, and myself, encourage young filmmakers to learn everything about filmmaking so you can handle any aspect of the product. Especially when you are starting out with no money, you definitely need to know how to produce, get favors, shoot the movie, even act, edit, write, and direct. Tyler Perry has been an example […]Read More...
The Film School Debate is Over.
“‘The “majority of students majoring in film and television will not be having careers in those professions”
- Stephen Ujlaki, Dean of Film & TV at Loyola Marymount
NY Times, 7/5/11
“This is probably the best advice I’ve heard in a long time as an aspiring film maker. I’m so glad I happen to stumble upon this website. Thank you so much Seth.” – Luis C. Esmurria
“Hey, Seth. Thanks for all the information you’re providing. I’ve learned more in 1 week than I have in 1 month going to film school.” –Miguel Monsivais, Florida
- Why Producers Hate Hiring Film School Grads
- What Do They Actually Teach in Film School?
- What About RECENT Film School Graduates?
- 3 Awesome Docs with Hollywood Level Storytelling
- Tech Talk: $600 Vs. $30,000 Camera Image?
- Plot Vs. Pixels: How Good Does It Really Need to Look?
- Speilberg/Lucas: What Film Industry “Implosion” Means to You
- Behind the Scenes: FSS Student Adam Ward
- FSS Student Fabian Santos’ First Feature