FSS Classic Course
The Film School Secrets Introductory Online Course
Sold from 2010 to 2012, we took Film School Secrets off the market back in December. Due to popular demand, we have, for a limited time, made it available again.
We have intentionally underpriced this course to help more aspiring filmmakers get a powerful re-orientation to the film industry.
The course provides a practical foundation and orientation to the film industry.
The course is 8 Modules, each designed to give you information we wish we’d had when we enrolled in film schools.
- Mod 1: The Big Picture. An overview of the film business, how film students and grads of film schools are viewed in the business, why grads of film schools aren’t taken seriously and how you can be taken seriously without film schools.
- Mod 2: Get on Set: We show you how to get on pro film sets no matter where you live in the world, how to network with pro filmmakers, get valuable hands on experience without paying a thing (versus those guys at NYFA paying $30,000 a year to crew). We’ll also show you how to get on student film sets from some of the most prestigious film schools… for free! Learn how to have NYU, USC, NYFA students literally beg for your help. Work right alongside them without paying a penny of tuition.
- How to Get Hired without Film School, Write a Resume, and more practical advice…
- Mod 3: Cameras & Tech Stuff. 15 Minute Film School. Why most pro filmmakers learned everything they need to know about basic filmmaking in under an hour. Basics of lighting, sound, shot composition.
- Mod 4: The Screenplay: A solid foundation for writing a better screenplay than what they teach in film school. (Getting a Degree in Screenwriting is more worthless than tits on a bull).
- Mod 5: Hire and Command. How to direct your own set for less than books at film school. The smart way to learn directing, learn how to work with pro filmmakers, get your own pro demo reel shot for less than a pencil at film school! Also how to hire film school students to work for you for free or next to nothing!
- Mod 6: Local Movie Method. Why shooting a movie in your hometown is easier and more cost effective than coming to LA. Tips and tricks on saving money, getting free crew help, and how you can shoot your movie for less than a down payment on a car.
- Mod 7: Production basics: While your friends are paying $4,000 for a class on Producing in film schools, learn the basic, simple nuts and bolts of how a production works, what a producer does, and why you don’t technically don’t need to know anything technical or own a piece of equipment to be a filmmaker.
- Mod 8: Digital Distribution. Understanding the New Film Market that is getting bigger and bigger every year; the new way to get your film to an audience.
- Interviews with working filmmakers in Los Angeles. This includes Buz Wallick, Evan Mastezos, Nate Golon, and others who are actually making their own projects, meeting with agents, shopping scripts, and working in the business. You get powerful, real world advice on what to actually do to start your filmmaking career from young people who are doing it, not teaching it in school. Most of our interviewees give their email addresses and allow our students to contact them directly with questions and advice.
Over 2 hours of video and many practical documents. But it’s not designed to just give you a lot of useless random information; each module is designed to build on the others and give you a strarting route, a plan, a real direction to take if you want to be a director or work in the film business.
The course is not for everyone, only people who are serious about working in the film business and/or making their own movies.
You will be charged $97 for Film School Secrets. Film School Secrets is an electronic course. That means once you pay, you will receive a download file with all course materials. Film School Secrets is backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. You have 60 Days, and if for any reason you are dissatisfied, you get a full refund.
All Testimonials are Verifiable. I can put you in touch with any of my students below.
In Film School Secrets, you’ll also get:
- “Film Fooled” ebook, currently selling for $49.95 at filmfooled.com and on Amazon.
- The first step for many young filmmakers is simply to understand the reasons why film schools are a bad investment. The pressure to attend school can be very intense, and people still have a belief that film school will give you an advantage in the business, which is false. Film Fooled is a detailed, class by class dollar for dollar account of the NYU Undergraduate Film Curriculum, (which has not been updated in over 10 years). You will learn detailed information about the Professors, the School, post-graduate support, including screenshots of emails, the NYU job list serve, life in the business, and more. This book alone can save you $30,000 to $160,000 in wasted tuition . The principles can be applied to any film schools, to help you understand why school doesn’t make sense if you’re serious about the business.
Listen to what Cary Solomon, 20 year veteran of the business and repped by ICM and William Morris, praises Film School Secrets. Click below to hear Cary Solomon’s Exclusive Quote:
More Praise for Film School Secrets
“Lights, Camera, Read On!” This gem is a riot in the best sense of the word – hilarious, serious, insightful, searing, and unabashedly honest. For anyone who’s considering film schools, or considering sending a child to film schools, this is a must-read. For everyone else on the planet, this is still a great read. I can’t wait to see the film version!” – Shirley Vernick, writer Cosmopolitan, McCall’s
“This is the best advice ever” – Ramoine Malone, Michigan
“Am loving the site. I actually just started film school and a lot of your criticism is spot-on. I’m trying to use the advice on your site, along with the resources of the school, to maximize the time I spend here. Great content.”- Josh, UK
“This is probably the best advice I’ve heard in a long time as an aspiring film maker. I’m so glad I happen to stumble upon this website. Thank you so much Seth.” – Luis C. Esmurria
“I like your explanation, practical and to the point, so it’s very much appreciated. You’ve helped me think of many possibilities I hadn’t thought of before. It’s actually fun to listen to, and I like your detailed references. Thanks!” – Tom van de Waal, Netherlands
“Lots of great information here. I’ve already been contacted by a filmmaker in the area” – L.W., Nevada
“HEY! Just wanted to say that your program is fantastic.” – S.G, Minnesota”
“Hey, Seth. Thanks for all the information you’re providing. I’ve learned more in 1 week than I have in 1 month going to film school.” – M.M., Florida
“Wow, Lots of great informaiton. Will watch this module many times. Thanks.” – T.F., Texas
Film School Secrets is not for everyone, only people who are serious about working in the film business and/or making their own movies.
Contact Us support at filmschoolsecrets.com
Start making movies faster, smarter, & cheaper than film school today!